**Machias Maine Wild Blueberry Festival - held in Machias during
mid August each year - VERY popular.
This year is the 40th Annual Festival (third weekend of August) with special events beginning August 12th
For more information visit online at www.machiasblueberry.com
Be our guests while enjoying the host of activities the area has to offer.
- Fresh and saltwater rivers and lakes abound for canoeing, kayaking,
boating, and swimming.
- Do some bird watching at fresh and salt water marshes and islands.
Machias Seal Island is home to nesting Atlantic puffins.
- Explore the State Parks and nature conservancy lands.
- Join in with farm chores and activities and get to know our "Speechless
Brothers" as the ancient Incas referred to the gentle llama and alpaca. Pat a horse and enjoy watching our goats, chickens, geese and ducks.
- Visit local museums, historic points of interest, and lighthouses.
- Enjoy foliage tours during the fall months and X-country skiing or
snowshoeing during the winter months.
- Enjoy the local Blueberry Festival in late summer and the many Craft
Fairs that abound.
- Relax by biking or hiking, or unwind with a game of croquet or horseshoes.
- On those clear evenings, take the time to gaze at the stars.